If you haven’t read Gary Vaynerchuk’s book “Why Now is the time to Crush IT!” run—don’t walk – run to the nearest bookstore and get it. In my opinion, it is one of the best business books I’ve read in a long time—and maybe ever! In less than 140 pages of quick reading, Vaynerchuck nails down what it takes to be successful in any business from wine distributors to law firms. Relevant and timely in today’s world of Twitter, Facebook and Internet marketing, the book embraces traditional core values presented in a straight-forward way (my kind of author). So, here are a few of the key points made in the book in hopes that you will enjoy and embrace some of these principles in your own business and life!
· Live by 3 Rules: Love your Family, Work super hard, Live your passion
· There is room for everyone in social media.
· Social Media = Business. Period. The game has changed with technology: Use it and win!
· Do what makes you happy. Keep it simple, Do the research, work hard, look ahead
· Your success is entirely up to you!
· You gotta be You! What’s in your DNA?
· Storytelling is by far the most underrated skill in business.
· Developing your personal brand is key to monetizing your passion online!
· Authenticity is key.
· Do not fear noise and content on the internet: Quality is a tremendous Filter
· Social networking gives us “Word of Mouth” on Steroids.
· Decisions are made because of personal connections
· Through content, people know you personally and professionally.
· Capitalism always wins.
· Any company that doesn’t allow its talent to talk to the public is missing opportunities
· Twitter has become a verb and is perhaps the most powerful branding tool in your toolbox
· The best use for Twitter is to lure people to your blog (visit my blog at www.howell-marketing.com)
· Invest in the important stuff!
· Succeed with good old-fashioned Hustle.
· Creating Community is about starting conversations
· Best Marketing Strategy Ever: CARE!